The Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra announces full-time musicians.
Please choose the position that you’re interested in:
“Thank you for your interest in the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra.
To play with us as a substitute or a full-time musician, we would require you to audition. You are welcome to submit your video recording anytime.
Please find below the recording guidelines:
- All repertoire is required and recorded in the order printed.
- No editing of the audio or video is permitted. Applicants whose videos show evidence of any cuts, splicing, manipulation of pitch or other alteration within a performance segment will be subject to disqualification.
- For repertoires with one round, you are to record in one complete take. For repertoires with two rounds, you are allowed to record round one and two separately, but each round must be recorded in one continuous take.
- There will be no piano accompaniment for this audition.
- We recommend using a format and resolution that is consistent with high quality video resolution, a minimum of 720p.
Where possible, we encourage you to keep the following in mind when making the recording:
- Consider lighting, framing, and camera placement. Film in a well-lit space and be sure that there is more lighting in front than from behind. Place the camera so that you, your instrument, and your full range of motion are in the frame at all times, and so we can see both you and your pianist during the accompanied work, if applicable. Choose a medium distance that shows as much detail as possible while still allowing the image to be framed as described above.
- Test the audio level so that there is no distortion during the loudest passages of your selections, and so the softest portions can be heard. If possible, consider using an external microphone connected to your camera to record your playing and speaking.
- The following common digital formats are accepted: AVI, M4V, MP4, MOV, MPG, WMV. File sizes up to 5 GB are accepted.
You may choose to upload your video through a file hosting service. Please provide the download link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can also mail a DVD copy to the address below:
Att: Orchestra Management
Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra
Level Two, Tower Two, PETRONAS Twin Towers,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.”